Horizon Employees Lending a Helping Hand To Our Communities
Horizon Helps — is a community services division of Horizon Services, Inc. comprised of Horizon Services employees volunteering their time to assist, support and raise awareness for charitable causes and community events throughout Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Maryland.
Horizon Services is proud to employ a great group of men and women who are active participants and contributors to their local communities throughout Delaware, Pennsylvania and Maryland. Each year, Horizon Services employees take part in dozens of charitable causes and community events throughout the region — from fundraisers to youth sports to volunteer activities that improve our towns and neighborhoods.
We’ve created Horizon Helps to expand and spotlight these projects and activities, salute the great work our employees are doing and encourage others to join us in these worthwhile endeavors. Our name sums up our mission:
Here on our website, you can find a calendar of upcoming events where our team of employee volunteers will be taking part, as well as view photos, videos and recaps of past events. We also invite our customers and website visitors to suggest local causes, organizations and events to which our Horizon Helps team can provide their time and services.
Look for us at an event near you!
We’re Always Where The Action Is!
Here is a sample of just some of the great community events and organizations with whom Horizon Helps has been involved:
- Emmanuel Dining Room: Once a month, feed nutritious meals to the hungry of Wilmington
- Les Brown Seminar: Free public seminar featuring Motivational Speaker, Les Brown
- Tour de Lance Annual 5K: Benefiting Lance Armstrong Foundation
- Christina River Cleanup: Watershed cleanup to rid Wilmington’s Riverfront of litter
- Andrew McDonough B+ Foundation: Annual 5K, Fighting Pediatric Cancer
- 2010 Wilmington Flower Market: Annual event dedicated to improving the lives of Delaware’s children
- Riverfront FamilyFest: Fun Event For Families. Turns Wilmington’s Riverfront into a playground.
- Servicemen Salutes: On-air holiday greetings from local military personnel stationed overseas.
- Delaware Mud Run: Annual 5K, benefiting Leukemia Research Foundation of Delaware
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer 5K: Benefiting American Cancer Society
- Operation Warm Coat Drive: Provide new winter coats to needy children
- Brian’s Run: Annual 5K benefiting Homes For Our Troops and Camp Joy
- Good Neighbors, Inc.: Working to make our neighborhoods warmer, safer, dryer and healthier
- Phillies Phestival Annual Autograph & Auction Party: Benefiting the ALS Association (Lou Gehrig’s Disease)
- Chester County Balloon Festival: Hot Air Balloon & Music Festival
- Jimmy Rollins Basebowl: Celebrity bowling tournament, benefiting the Arthritis Foundation
- Rose Tree Park Summer Festival: Free Concert Series in Media, PA
- Kennett Symphony: Sponsored Beethoven Concert Series
- Safe Harbor of Greater West Chester: 3rd Annual Golf Classic, Benefiting the Homeless
- Richie Ashburn Golf Classic: Benefiting the Cradle of Liberty Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Kennett Run: Annual 5k/10k, Benefiting various charities
- Susan G. Komen For The Cure: 3-Day walk benefiting breast cancer research
Horizon Services is also a proud sponsor of many charities, high school athletic programs and youth sports organizations throughout the Delaware Valley.